Paracord, or parachute cord, has a very interesting history. As its name implies, it was used to suspend parachutes in WWII. The super lightweight cord is used nowadays as a utlity cord in the military and other applications. The paracord, also known as 550 cord, has even been used in outer space by astronauts repairing the Hubble Space Telescope.
Many campers find this cord excellently lightweight yet strong, meaning it has a ton of applications. Check out this video to learn how to tie a simple reef knot, which is the basis of a Solomon bar. You will also learn how to complete several other knot styles to make your Solomon bar extra aesthetically pleasing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades