This drafting technique has many names: worsted drafting, short-draw, and inchworm. It's simple and straightforward, as this video demonstrates. With high-quality combed wool, spinning wool this way makes a smooth, dense yarn.
This technique is great for other combed fibres, too, maximizing the sheen of silk, Tencel, or bamboo, and making sure that that alpaca you want to use as warp will be firm and nep-free.
The fibre used here is a low-grade wool. It was combed, but still contains a few tiny knots and neps. All the same -- it makes a dandy, smooth yarn when drafted this way.
Take a look, then try it yourself!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades